NCCN Guidelines® & Clinical Resources
NCCN International Programs - Middle East & North Africa (MENA)
NCCN held the 2nd Annual Middle East & North Africa NCCN Clinical
Practice Guidelines in Oncology™ Congress in Abu Dhabi, April 23 – 26,
The resultant MENA manuscripts have been collectively published in JNCCN, Volume
8 Supplement 3, to illustrate regional discrepancies in cancer care as discussed
during the interactive knowledge exchanges that took place during this program:
The Abu Dhabi Declaration:
Adapted Application of NCCN Clinical Practices in Oncology in the Middle east and
North Africa Region.
We acknowledge and appreciate the generous institutional support received from the
Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) and industry support received from Novartis
Oncology, Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer, Pfizer Inc, and Genomic Health, Inc.
NCCN extends special appreciation to our dedicated NCCN faculty, our MENA Program
Director: Mohammed Jahanzeb, MD, Aptium Oncology and University of Tennessee Cancer
Institute, and our expert MENA Chairs:
- Program Co-Chair: Jorgen Kristensen, MD, Tawam Hospital
- Program Co-Chair: Al-Hareth M. Al-Khater, MD, Al Amal Hospital
- MENA Steering Committee Chair: Hamdy A. Azim, MD, Cairo Oncology Center
- Breast Cancer: Omalkhair Abdullah Abulkhair, MD, King Abdulaziz Medical City
- Colon Cancer: Fikri Icli, MD, Ankara University Medical School
- Hepatobiliary Cancers: Muhammed Aasim Yusuf, FRCP, Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital
- Lung Cancer: Abdul-Rahman Jazieh, MD, MPH, King Abdulaziz Medical City
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas: Ali Bazarbachi, MD, PhD, American University of Beirut
- Prostate Cancer: Walled Ahmed Hassen, MD, Tawam Hospital and Farrok Karsan, MD,
FRCP(C), The Aga Khan University Hospital
- Supportive Care: Vinod Raina, MD, FRCP, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Opportunities for Collaboration and Sponsorship
We welcome the opportunity to explore potential
business collaborations with you.
If you have questions about NCCN international programs, please contact Jon Larsen, Manager, Global Business Development.
For general NCCN queries and domestic programs, please visit our main